Elizabeth

Elizabeth
(without her glasses)

Friday, July 16, 2010

P is for Pseudoboyfriend...

...and other things that are personal, but I assure you not intentionally for anyone's private parts or any alliterative euphemisms thereof. Not to disparage those in any way--but I digress.

I call him a pseudoboyfriend, because it's not really a full-fledged relationship even though I certainly consider him my friend. And yes, I have enjoyed carnal knowledge of him. Really enjoyed it, on several occasions. But it is especially not a full-fledged relationship lately, because his nonagenarian father came to live with him in November. Even before this happened, things were not normal. So not normal that I lost patience and went off and tried to have another relationship. Assuming anyone is reading this, I know what you're thinking. No, he is not married. He was married and divorced long before I met him, and had another live-in relationship, also long before I met him. I've been to his house, and there is no feminine influence, no womens' clothing anywhere on the premises. In fact, aside from the first meeting in a public place, I've only ever been to his house--oh, and then most recently at the writer's conference hotel, but that's another story. Anyway, I came to know him when he was going through a phase--a not-wanting-to-go-out-in-public-places-much phase. He likes to shop--no, trust me, he is not gay--but he always wears his mp3 player when he shops so that people don't approach him and try to talk to him. And having his father around has really cramped his style. In his earlier life, however, he was a world traveler, and went to operas in a tuxedo. He is still witty and urbane, if reclusive. He makes me laugh. For instance, when I told him I was starting a blog, I asked him if I could call him Mr. __(first letter of his last name--which, coincidentally, is NOT P...) in it, he said: "I prefer just P, like a Bond villain." I don't know why I found that so hilarious. For now, though, I think I'll close. I'll talk more about P another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment